Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Two for Tuesday

So we cleaned the SHIT out of that bathroom last night- if you've never magic erasered your bathroom, you've never cleaned it. Those things are... magic.

In addition to bathroom cleaning (appetizing!) we also fired up the grill for the first time, and- HORRAY!- no death or destruction!

Let's talk about grilled salmon-
1. I love it
2. I really love it

I have the fish guy cut 6 oz cuts, yeah 4 is recommended, but like we've talked about I don't do sides, so the extra ounces aren't gonna kill you. Skin on. Skin on. Skin on. Skin on. Skin on. Skin on. Skin on. Skin on.

Did I mention skin on?

I find that keeping the skin on, in addition to keeping all the bits and pieces in the right place, gives the fish more flavor- you don't get rid of that delicious layer of fat between the fish and skin, that gets cooked  down and tasty. Plus the flaky fish comes off of the skin so easily when it's cooked right that you never have to see the damned thing anyway.

Anywho- poached salmon on the grill is my favorite, Weird I know!

make a little foil packet, schlap down the fish and spice, veg, flavor to your hearts content (remember some liquid!) and wrap it up and throw it down. 10 minutes later, flaky tasty fish.

Personally I go for chopped garlic, spices, salt and soy sauce. Goddamn soy sauce on salmon is awesome.

Tonight we're grilling pizzas (thanks Jenny for the awesome idea- I even bought the same squeezy sauce, because it really is good!)


No comments:

Post a Comment