Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tue Tue Tuesday

SO I swear that I did take and attempt to post an enchilada picture last night, but the Blogger app on my phone kept shitting the bed.
 Bottom line they were delicious, but not pretty. Not pretty at all.

Regardless of some of my recipes, I swear that I'm cooking health consciously- I'm sticking pretty regimental to a 1400 calorie diet (which may not seem like a lot, but when you go from housing an entire order of crab rangoon THEN eating a full meal, it's a big deal... BTW I REALLY like crab rangoons)

The Enchiladas ended up at about 180 calories each, which when you eat two is a pretty kind meal calorie-wise.

Also I've never really been into side dishes, I feel like they just encourage you to eat more not necessarily better. Growing up, when I was learning to cook, I have VERY vivid memories of my mom shouting 'but what are you making with it!?! You can't JUST make chicken!!!' to that I now say 'what the hell not!?!' and that's how I cook. (back then I would brattily take out a can of corn, schlop it into a pan until luke warm and then passively aggressively serve my 'side' with a look that anyone DARE challenge me.... ah childhood)

Now I've just (for the most part) eliminated them. I cook food rather than a meal I guess. But If I make enchiladas and side... let's say rice... you're not eating the rice because your hungry, nor will you necessarily eat less enchiladas... you're just eating rice because it's served to you.

*quick digression, Beef/Broccoli is moved to tomorrow- goign to M&Js tonight

I mean a lot of times I'll make side by side dishes, like chicken breast and veggies, that's cool I think of them as a unit.... ANYWAY

that's, I think all for today.

Tomorrow is lunch out for Pho (delicious delicious Pho) and beef/broccoli for dinner (I think I'm going to skip crab rangoons, NOT because I love them any less, but a. They're time consuming, b. they're shockingly bad for you when eaten in massive quantities)

No comments:

Post a Comment