Thursday, October 18, 2012

shredded chicken

is awesome.
I am actually quite sad at that hole in my life that existed before J introduced me to this simple and delicious concept. Don't worry, I've been working hard since to remedy.

Here's the drill:
chicken breast (3 large breasts are enough to serve 4ppl and have lunches for 2, if you do as I've done; make salads or tacos/sandwiches)
wet sauce (this is the same way that I made buffalo chicken ages ago. This time I used a container of salsa)
garlic, onions, spices

toss everyone into the crock pot and cook on low until after work (about 9-10hrs)

take two forks and pull apart the meat, last night I ended up adding in a can of tomatoes at this point, because I wanted more juice, but that could have been done in the morning or not at all.

I'm all about choices people.

I think I'm going to fill-it-up-again next week, only this time with totally different flavors. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I have seriously been shredding chicken in the crock pot every week and then doing different things with it and we're not even close to being sick of it!

    ReplyDelete