Monday, October 8, 2012

An Ode to Tuna Casserole

Seriously, is anything else better on a chilly fall night than tuna casserole?

We've all got very particular recipes, I know. It wasn't until I met Mishkit that I even realized that you could have anything but peas and breadcrumbs in it! We've developed our own family recipe, below if you're interested in switching it up :)

wide egg noodles (2 small bags)
frozen broccoli
tuna (3 cans)
 cream of mushroom soup (2 cans)
chicken stock
onion
cheese (I used chopped up string cheese this time cause I had it lol)

butter
panko

Cook the noodles until almost done then add broccoli until warmed.
drain
add tuna, soup and onion and mix, add chicken stock until moist enough
dump into greased baking dish
sprinkle cheese on top
melt butter, mix in panko until absorbed, sprinkle onto top of cheese
bake until brown and hot.

=)


2 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing...I love that you put broccoli in it. My mom always made it just with tuna, noodles, black olives, and mayo. I wish I could get hubby to eat tuna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of olives!! It's funny how everybody has such specifics though, yeah?

    Try breaking him in on it with canned chicken (sounds weird I know, but it has to be canned) , it's exactly the same (that's how Ian makes it!!)

    ReplyDelete