Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Reasons why you should never use 'Sausage sandwich' as a conversation segue

So Tuesday changed a bit, with the all of the budgetary nonsense that we're dealing with- I tried to be EXTRA thrifty this week and looked at the sale section of the grocery store website and planned accordingly with my menues... That was where the inspiration for the steak came from, it was on sale and it's good (clearly I'm a genius). Alas, it was not meant to be, upon arrival there was no sale-steak to be found, but there was quite a nice looking package of mild Italian sausage just hanging around, so I snagged that. Tuesday became sausage and asparagus.

I took a gamble and grilled it. Or rather should I say charred the outsides and didn't cook it all the way through. In my laziness, I just tossed it in the microwave and convinced myself that I'd seen it done that was on tv a million times (so what if it was Kitchen Nightmares?!)  Anyway it was delicious, and provided lunch leftovers for the next day, which were packed as sandwiches.

I'm still so new at 'bringing my lunch to work' so when it's a sandwich I assemble everything there. Everybody gets wrapped separately and assembled right before eating. I toast the bread, broil the cheese (oh yeah, we've got a toaster oven) and generally make it as cook-y as possible. I have a problem. The whole side of the office smelled like meat but damn it was good.

Last night was meatball subs. Seriously look at the recipe I used (posted with the menu) it's crazy but I guarantee that they'll be the moistest, tastiest meatballs you'll have. IM even watched me grating the zucchini into the meat and ate them! THAT's progress.

Tonight it's dinner at M &J's (who, though she's the only person that follows this stupidblog, has started her own foray into logging her kitchen time over HERE- she's hilariously more classy than I am in this mess, maybe that's the secret? We'll see... She's awesome, so's her food!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me to write a blog and I inspire you to write in full sentences? It's a give and take relationship. Also, I'm so impressed that you're looking at the sale flyer and planning your menu. I started doing that this year too and it's wonderful! Now I have to get you to start shopping at Trash Basket ;)

    ReplyDelete