Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hump daaaaaaye

So Tuesday happened. I made it and made it well.
Turns out snacking in the office is harder to avoid than I'd anticipated, but in a good way. Now it's not just knowing I shouldn't eat palms-full of chocolate, but there's a real reason not to shove my face in.

I realized that I need to make a lunch plan before I head out I the am. Yesterday I ran home in a panic rather than ordering out for a boca chickn patty and some roasted broccoli. Not ideal but tasty.

Dinner was an artichoke! I'd never had a whole one before so it was a fun challenge to figure out cooking and eating methods. Really good, but I ended up with a clarified butter dip and wish id been able to find a milk-free alternative.

Figured out a recipie for a really good salad dressing, red wine & balsamic vinegar , olive oil, green onions, paprika, garlic and a bit of salt. Shockingly simple and delicious.

Giving myself a cheese pass was smart. I'm still trying to cut back/down on it, but I think it's made. Bring more conscious about other milk products is easier when I have my cheese pass, but like with dinner tonight, roasted portabellas with tomatoes & artichokes, I put cheese on top out of habit and as I was eating realized that it doesn't REALLY add anything. It's like a security blanket. So weird.

So yeah... shout out to Lunch for the Vegan if she's reading ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment