Monday, March 10, 2014

Again?!

Yeah yeah. I'm still going to talk about food, but for myself this time. 

I've gotten into documentaries lately. Like really into them. Nothing too good or too bad. From Blackfish to Bronies I'm burning through Netflix.

I watched Food Inc. during one of my first documentary binges. It was interesting but not life changing. What it did do was make me want to watch more food-based docs. I watched a great one called A Matter of Taste about a chef's journey toward a 3star New York Times review. Then I tried something called Vegucated.

It hit me. Hard.

Like really hard. I grew up on a farm. I'm not ignorant about where food comes from, but something jolted inside of me and I wanted to make a change.

Welcome to day 3 of my attempt at a plant based diet.

First things I've learned:
Chipotle sofritas are amazing.
Animal products are in EVERYTHING!
People are super quick to need a label. I wouldn't DARE call this attempt vegetarian or vegan, I feel like that would be a set up for failure. It's just, something I'm trying mk?

So this will be the details of that journey, hopefully I'll keep on track, but at least have somewhere to pick up if I fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment